6,835,000 pageviews


Sunday, May 12, 2019

Thornton P. Knowles On A Club For Non-Joiners

I've never been a joiner. Except for the Mystery Writers of America, I've never belonged to a society, association, union, service club, or church. I didn't join the Boy Scouts and in college was not a member of a fraternity. Perhaps there ought to be a club for non-joiners, an organization without officers, meetings, an agenda, membership cards, or dues. The club could be called Non-Joiners International and would be open to everyone. How do you join? Just declare yourself a member.

Thornton P. Knowles 

1 comment:

  1. Thornton would have loved the clubs I used to run at school many years back. I had a stamp club to which no turned up. Ever. However, I confess to being jealous of my wife. As a psychologist, she had a drop-in sessions for several years at a prestigious hotel school in Switzerland for the many students suffering from stress disorders. No one turned up to those either. As a non-joiner too, I probably wouldn't have turned up to either of these two things either. Keep up the good work, Jim!

    ReplyDelete